Thursday, March 2, 2017
It's been a giant few months for our family with moving into our new home. The last time Dave and I moved it was from a TINY two bedroom flat into our previous relatively tiny 1970's house. We had no children and next to no furniture - the move was easy. Fun, even.
Moving with 3 kids two weeks before Christmas and 1 week before the School Holidays is a little more stressful! I'm only *just* recovering.
Over the past 3 months we've hosted two christmases, one slightly wilder than expected new years eve party and countless friends for dinners and extended stays. It's been massively fun and massively exhausting.
We're slowly working on getting the new house decorated. I've enlisted the help of Megan Morton which is a bit of a dream come true. She has suggested a luxe palette of black + white... so B+W it is!! I'll keep you posted on the progress!
So, life lately in photo's;
1. These two on their maiden father/son surfing voyage. Zeph is officially hooked and now they'll be surfing mates for life. Love Heart Eyes.
2. Entryway in the evening light.
3. A corner of the Master Bedroom. This will all change once we start the renovations.
4. Master bed again. This house doesn't have ANY wardrobes so we're building a wall behind where the bead head current sits which will allow for a long walk in robe. Having somewhere to hand the clothing is actually super important for a functioning home, it turns out.
5. Living room. You may see a theme emerging from these highly cropped interior shots - in the immortal words of Megan Morton 'Emily, your house looks like a sao - we need less biscuit in here'. We're shipping all of the ratan up to the guest house and brining in white linens, polished marble and black leather.
6. My girl Olive Pip turns 6. Where has the time gone? It feels like she was born just yesterday but here she is, 6 years old and obsessed with colouring in, craft and accessorising 'her look' on a daily basis. I'm so impressed with her creativity and kindness.
7. Queen Elke. Enough said. This girl is the quintessential 3rd born.