By Emily Beetleshack
The original author of The Beetle Shack, Emily is a chronic over sharer and collector of unnecessary consumer goods. In a past life Emily was a high school Visual Arts teacher. She always enjoyed the ‘naughty’ kids the most; the ones who were resistant to following the rules and questioned the boundaries. They were interesting, challenging and funny. When she was pregnant with her first child she could be heard saying, “I hope I have a cheeky child, one that speaks his mind and is rebellious in nature”. Unsurprisingly, she did. In the archives of the Beetle Shack you'll find her tales of raising her own ‘spirited’ children whilst swanning about the house dressed as a fruit salad.
1. My little buddy. My grown up Lady Baby. My constant companion (even at 3am). My baby girl. Always surprising, often delightful, always entertaining. Little Pip was the most placid of babies. Fitting in and sleeping soundly no matter the location or occasion. While she'll still 'nod off'…...
1. My little buddy. My grown up Lady Baby. My constant companion (even at 3am). My baby girl. Always surprising, often delightful, always entertaining. Little Pip was the most placid of babies. Fitting in and sleeping soundly no matter the location or occasion. While she'll still 'nod off' when and where ever she fancies, she is no longer a placid little babe in arms. She is 4 and absolutely majestic with her knotted hair, shrill scream and the tenderest of touches.
2. Wreath crafted from grape vines by the hands of my husband.
3. Elke Bear. Growing up an up and up but I still call her my Tea Cup Lady. When I scoop her into my arms and cradle her sweet-as-sugar fame, it feels as though I could fit her in her entirety, into a fancy fine bone china tea cup. Oh what a delicious cuppa she would make.
4. Our new Forever Furniture.
5. MY BOY!!! A School boy. Did you know? Oh what a term is has been. We've experienced all of the things. ALL of them. This boy is adaptable, social, resilient, cheeky (too old for cheeky? Okay naughty. You win) and adventurous. For his 6th birthday we're building a tree house.
6. Back deck after the rain. This portion of the deck in currently being demolished…. renovation station!! More on that later. Oh the outdoor setting is IKEA, for those who are interested.
7. My oasis.
8. Jubilant. My wild card. Read above ;)
9. Autumn evenings.
10. Tea Cup Baby. Don't tell me she's not a baby anymore. I won't listen.