Despite terrible neglect over the past 4 months, our garden continues to be generous to our little family.
1. God's lollies. Our strawberries are heavy with fruit and provide the perfect treat for afternoons spent wandering the grassy paths.
2. We have had an abundance of broccoli this season. I've been replacing pasta and carbs in general with leafy greens so it's been lovely fabulous to pick and much as necessary.
3. Beans climbing high.
4. A good harvest of swedes ready for roasting.
5. Our fruit trees have been rather tardy in dropping their leaves over winter. This pear tree is still sporting rich green foliage.... not sure if much fruit will follow.
6. A sure sign of spring - new buds on the magnolia. Preparing to shade the windows into our living area. Deciduous tress are a thing of beauty and practicality.
7. Fallen blooms.
Have you been gardening lately? Spring is proving to be the perfect motivation for us. Dave has written his 'Wood Fired Pizza Oven' tutorial and you'll find it here in the coming weeks.