I mentioned in my last post that things had been pretty chaotic around here of late and I noted my resolve to 'say yes' when help was offered. This collection depicts 'the help'.
1. I was sent some fresh flowers this week and as superficial as it sounds, they truly brightened my home and my mood. They are easily the most stunning bouquet i've ever been the recipient of and I find myself carrying them from room to room, ensuring that i make the most of their beauty. Five days later and they are still full of life and colour. Dave, darling - you really need to take note of that link above.
2. On friday night Dave had to go out to a work function. The end of an exhausting week was met with tears, tantrums and sleeplessness from my children. Thank God mum and dad came over to help - it was even mum's birthday. The woman is a saint.
3. Stories with pa. The kids lined up the books and he read them all with animation and excitement, A skill he swears he learned from my mother.
4. Mum rocking the Elke Bear in her way-too-pink wrap made with fabric chosen by Zeph. It's a bit sweet really.
5. When Jodi popped her head over the fence to say hi, I lamented that life was to hard and my pantry was bare. Five minutes later she was on my door step with home made chicken stock ready for soup, strawberries, tomatoes and a loaf of fresh banana bread. I've been eating Jodi's banana bread for years and this was her best effort yet.
6. One dozen chook and duck eggs. As the weather warms we will see a return to egg focused meals - omelette, scramble, quiche and frittata.
7. We've been living on easy meals like this one. Fortunately a box of sausages arrived from Peppercorn food which saved me a trip with 3 kids to the shops. As a bonus they are all natural and totally scrumptious!
8. Oh good Lord, the baby SLEEPS. Praise. Jesus. Amen. Mercy. Hallelujah.
And that, my friends, concludes the first on time 'Stills Collection' I've presented in weeks! Feeling good - I might just follow that up with a G&T (Sparkle darling, I'll have one for you too).