Lady Baby, you sweet little pink haired peach. You were born at 1.37 pm on the 26th of January, 2011. After 26 blissful* hours of labour we decided that if it's what you wanted, you could be born by c-section. About half an hour later I had a perfect you in my solid arms. All wrapped up and sweet breathed. Total perfection.
On Saturday, we celebrated your 2nd year with citrus and poppy seed cake, family, friends and a pink trike. It was truly delightful to see you excitedly running around and being the centre of attention, butterfly wings and tutu in tow.
You are a tender hearted treasure, my darling.
all the boring stuff a mother likes to remember
* Several cheap, synthetic pink poodles later and you're still obsessed. Only now you've added a tiny peso and elmo to your beloved collection.
* You have speaking down pat. Sentences come easily and often.
* It's not uncommon for me to find you in the bath with a pair of goggles on. You run it for yourself, strip off and jump in.
* I ensure you have a blunt cut, front fringe at all times. One day you'll ask me 'why' and i'll tell you it's because you're so ridiculously adorable and I just can't resist. Plus, you sit so still when I trim it.
* You've learnt to fight fire with fire when it comes to your big brother.
* You're a pro at using the potty.
* When you're excited you jump up and down and flap your arms like wings. This always makes your dad and I laugh and shake our heads.
* The covers must be pulled right up to your chin at bed time.
* 'Daisy' is your favourite song. A Pa speciality. No one sings it with as much love as him.
* Sharing is surprisingly easy for you (most of the time)
* Your Nanny and Pa are easily your most favourite people. When you're not with them, you want to talk to them on the phone.
* In the mornings when you wake, you call 'mumma, come and get meee oooutttttttttt'. If I dally, you promptly request the same of your brother and he obliges. You guys love each other and it makes me so proud.
* You like to call your dad 'Dave'. He likes you to call him dad.
* One must never hold you sand bra, you're lethal on the nipple cripple.
*no, not really.
Lady Baby Turns One
p.s sorry for the photo over load (not really sorry).