This morning Zeph and I wandered through our humble vegetable gardens collecting edible treasures for his teachers. Into a cane basket we placed some beautifully ripened tomatoes, fresh garlic, a range of herbs, yellow zucchini, egg plant, beans and some eggs from the hens down the back.
It seemed only fitting that we gifted them with items that we're produced with time, love and care. A small and humble expression of our gratitude for the amazing work they do. It's been with gentle guidance and genuine love filled words that they have taught Zeph this year and he is better for it. Dave and I couldn't be more pleased.
Without hesitation we marched out the front gates, sunflowers and wicker baskets in hand. Upon arrival Zeph announced "I grew these for you", he received warm smiles and firm hugs in return.
So that marks the end of the school year and the beginning of the holiday period. Tonight, Dave and I will celebrate in the cool evening breeze with take out chinese (honey king prawns, i need you) and a bottle of ice cold sparkling mineral water... okay, Dave will have james Squires and i'll wish I was having James Squires too.
Next year will be an exciting one for us, full of changes, new projects and new children.
I thought I'd leave you with a few places to visit should you have the time and the inclination. I'll also be adding the STILLS linky and including some of my favourite Beetle Shack posts. Please feel free to leave some of your highlights there too.
Have a beautiful Christmas my friends. My you be blessed with patience and a tiny bit of solitude amongst the mayhem.
If you have the time why not
1. Watch this film including some very exciting news.
2. Oogle this amazing back yard creation.
3. Encourage your kids to spend some time here (fun and educational).
4. Wet your appetite for all things surf, summer and adventuresome.
5. Make my all time favourite summer dessert.
6. Check back on Monday to see if you've won this amazing giveaway.
7. Grab a 'Weekly Stills' button and add it to your side bar.
8. Reflect upon your 2012 New Years Resolutions (here's mine) and start writing your 2013 list. eep.
9. Take the time to visit our sponsors on the side bar
10. Add some of your favourite posts to the linky below.