The Beetle Shack's facebook page has gone green (and so has my hair). We're now eagerly awaiting the harvest of our first ever asparagus crop - it's only been about 3 weeks since we planted and now we have this!!
*Fennel and Orange Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 oranges
- 2 small (600g) fennel bulbs, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Continental parsley leaves
- 100mls olive oil
- 80mls (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Finely grate the rind from 1 orange and reserve. Peel and segment all oranges.
- To make the orange vinaigrette mix the reserved orange find with the olive oil, orange juice, mustard and salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Shake well.
- Toss the orange segments with the fennel and red onion in a bowl to combine. Place on a serving plate or in a serving bowl, sprinkle with the parsley and pour over the orange vinaigrette.