Little Lady Baby, it was one year ago that we first met. You were teeny tiny, pink and oh so deliciously soft. When they lifted you from my tummy and put us nose to nose I could feel your breath on my face, it was rhythmic, sweet and warm. We stayed there for an eternity, you and I, just looking into one anothers eyes. Your gaze did not break and neither did mine. How proud I was to have grown you in my body, amazed that such perfection had come from me.
That first night you slept soundly on my chest. When the nurses woke me to check my vitals it was with pure joy that my bleary eyes looked upon your face. You were calm and a little bit peely on your fingers and toes, a sure sign that you missed your due date by a couple of days. January 26th was the perfect day for you and you are the perfect girl for us.
Happy Birthday little Pippi
all the boring stuff a mother likes to remember
- Your first word was dadda.
- You took your first steps weeks and weeks ago but insist on crawling
- You love the ocean as much as the rest of us
- To entertain yourself you spin in circles on the floor until you are dizzy and topple over. A constant source of amusement for the rest of us.
- You adore your big brother and play wrestles with him like any good tomboy would.
- you have just learnt to make the 'mmmwaa' noise when planting kisses. For this i think you are totally adorable.
- Sleep escapes you most days.
- If ever I can't find you, you will be on my bed spinning amongst the pillows.
- You eat more than your big brother each and every day.
- Smiles have always come easily for you.
- You have a better wardrobe than I do.
- Out of all of the beautiful toys you have, it is with a synthetic pink poodle that you have become attached. This makes me question your taste.
- You are little for your age.
- When Zeph is a pre school you miss him. I know this because you spend more time clinging to my ankles than usual (and because i'm your mother- you will hear this phrase often).
- Your face truly lights up when your Dad gets home from work. You lunge into his arms in fits of gleeful giggles.
- I'm pretty sure you and your brother are the best thing i've ever made.
- I love you.