I have been meaning to recover a few lamp shades since way back here. I finally got the chance over the weekend- It took me less than an hour to get two completed, I didn't need a sewing machine and the Young Man could help. Pretty easy stuff. You should do it too.
You will need
- A simple lamp shade
- Newspaper or large sheet of paper
- Spray adhesive
- Glue gun
- pom pom trim
1. Gather your supplies
2. Place the seam of your lamp shade on the edge of the paper. Slowly roll the lamp shade over the paper and trace the top edge. Repeat for the bottom edge. You now have the pattern for your fabric.
3. Cut out your pattern about 1 inch from the line, leaving space to fold your fabric under.
4. Pin the pattern to your fabric and cut out.
5. Spray the inside of your fabric with spray adhesive
6. line up your fabric with the lamp shade and slowing roll it over, smoothing out the fabric as you go.
7. Secure the end (i used the hot glue gun to do this)
8. Trim off excess fabric or fold it under the lamp shade and glue down
9. Use hot glue gun to attach pom pom trim to the inside of the lamp shade
10. Cut off excess trim. At this point you may like to attach some ribbon to the top inside seam to neated it up.
11. Admire your handiwork
Oh, here is another great resource
See what other creatives are making @ Our Creative Spaces