Thursday, May 16, 2013
In a cruel twist of fate, our family was shot down with a stomach bug early this week.
When Zeph started vomiting, I started praying, not for him and his health but for me (because i'm selfish like that). Please, please, please could I be spared violent convulsions whilst stooped over the porcelain throne two weeks post c section, please?
As the bug swiftly engulfed the entire family (leaving Elke alone, fortunately) I found myself in the all too familiar position of calling mum and dad. God bless parents and their never ending 'presentness' - don't ask me what I would do with out them.
Mum and Dad arrived within half an hour to take the big kids for the morning. When they returned some 6 hours later, Dave and I had still not risen from our crumpled bed sheets. We had slept the entire time, waking only to feed Elke and unenthusiastically change her nappy.
Fortunately, a couple of days of rest was all it took to see this little family back up and at 'em.
Yesterday we packed ourselves up and headed to a deserted, waterfront park, one of our favourites, for a play and a pic-nic. Talking like pirates (it's a 'boat' park, after all) and enacting desperate rescue scenarios kept us entertained for over an hour until the drive back home ensured sweet slumber was upon us again.
Here's to good health... until the next bug rolls around.
*photo's from a previous park trip last week. See that coffee cup next to me in the top image- that was my last coffee for quite some time. It would appear that caffeine and dairy upset Elke's baby tum.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Since making the news about my pregnancy known to you, my blog friends, I have received nothing but support and encouragement. I have so enjoyed your funny stories, words of wisdom, comradery, emails and comments over the past 6 months. It's been a real delight to be apart of this blogging community during such an important season in my life.
But now, THE BABY IS HERE!
Before Elke was born I spent a bit of time putting together something special for you, as a means of saying thank you, you know for being awesome.
I know many of you (so so many) are currently pregnant, have newborns or are somewhere on the 'motherhood' journey and I wanted to celebrate with you!
Here we have a mammoth 'Baby's Here' giveaway filled with $1500 worth of treasure for mumma's, their homes and their babies. Special prints for bare walls, fruity cushions for behind your tired back, scented candles to relax you, organic skin care products to make you feel human and a selection of other useful items. Full details below.
1. Baby safe chewing bangle and necklace by Harper and Hudson. HARPER+HUDSON is an Australian owned label, designing and creating nontoxic chewable jewellery for yummy mummies. All designs are made using 100% food grade silicone that is safe for baby’s gums and emerging teeth and free of nasty chemicals such as BPA, PVC, phthalates, cadmium and lead. Our jewellery is perfect for mum’s who love to look chic, but are worried about little hands and mouths tugging and chewing on their jewels! TOTAL RRP $59.90
2. These adorable sea creature prints come as a set of 3, with the 'Lucas the Crab' print being personalised with your child's details, making it the perfect set to hang in your child's room. From the beautiful range at Coco & Ella. RRP $60
3. Alphabet and Numbers print by jenimdesign. This crisp 50 x 70cm poster is digitally printed onto premium quality stock semi-gloss paper and fits perfectly into Ikea 'RIBBA' & 'STROMBY' frames. RRP $70
4. This unique Pouch Handmade fabric collage has been lovingly made by hand in Australia, using vintage & repurposed fabrics and papers applied to 100% recycled white card.The artwork is approx 43cm x 30cm (A3)unframed. Each artwork is unique, no two works are the same. RRP $50
5. Add some fragrant ambience to your home with a luxurious soy wax candles by Seven Dandelions. Sweet Pea and Vanilla is a lovely, fragrant blend of warm vanilla with a pretty floral bouquet. The perfect indulgent treat for a breastfeeding mumma. RRP $24.95
6. Gorgeous yellow and white chevron cushion featuring handprinted "You are my sunshine" on a linen patch. This cushion measures 50 x50cm and comes complete with insert and a zipper closure. This cushion is sure to make you smile and is part of the lovely range at Coco and Milo. RRP $65
7 & 8. These beautiful handmade cushions by Linnea will be an asset to any home. Perfect for propping up your back while feeding or adding some fun to you living room. Linnea works out of her Melbourne studio where she designs, screenprints and creates all her products. RRP $80
10. This sweet Soft Toy Rabbit in pajamas is your baby’s best playing friend, soft, fun and colorful! It’s made of soft cotton or flannel fabrics and has a small rattle inside. From the fruity range at PinkNounou RRP $40
11. This beautiful package contains the La Mav. The perfect organic treat for a tired mothers skin (I use this range myself and it's pretty special). RR
12. Tram scroll's are the new 'black' and this range of birthdate keepsake's is perfect for parents to have a CANVAS of one of the most important dates of their lives. This bespoke keepsake is by Quint Design and will come customised to your specifications.
13 - 14. This adorable duo is from the stunning collection of treats at Nana Huchy. Your children will love Jack the Giraffe and Livi the Lion- the perfect sleep and play companions. RRP $62
15 - 17. This beautiful collection of Silkberry Baby items has a buttery soft and silky feel and is breathable and hypo-allergenic. No bleaching or dying is used, with an all natural yarn colour that is good for a baby's sensitive skin. Easy to care for and machine washable. Perfect for you new little treasure. Total RRP $61.85
18. Oh you know, just
19. Luxury perfumed Voyager candle ethically made in Melbourne. Inspired by travel and named after gardens around the world, each candle references the experience of being a 'voyager'. Developed together with Australia's finest perfumes, Voyager's fragrances are unlike any other. RRP $49
20. Stunning red and white polka pot cot sheet set for your little bundle. From the stunning hand made range at Red Plum Linen and includes a white fitted sheet, white flat sheet and pillowcase with red polka dot trim. RRP $104.95
21. Cloud 9 cushion cover from The Organic Mamas - soft as a baby's skin, perfect for your little eco-baby. 100% organic cotton canvas cushion cover lovingly handmade in a studio in Sydney using fabric grown, woven, and printed in the United States using non-toxic pigments. RRP $49
22. Witjuti is a green company which uses recyclable and eco-friendly products. This lightweight wrap cardigan is versatile and comfortable. Great for any season, you will carry it in your bag for all occasions when it gets cool. Perfect for maternity wear and breastfeeding mumma's. RRP $74.95
23. Easy to clean, machine washable Ribbons Baby Bib from the beautiful range at Amelia's Amorie. RRP $31.90
24. Pixel Stripe Handy Nappy and Wipe Bag by Amelia's Amorie. This handy nappy and wipe bag is machine washable easily fits into your handbag when you're popping out to the shops or for a coffee and would prefer not to take a whole nappy bag along with you. RRP $53.90
I'm using raffflecopter for this giveaway- I think it's fairly self explanatory (with the benefit of keeping your email confidential), if you run into any problems please let me know and i'll do my best to sort them out. The winner will be announced one week from today at 8pm EST.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday, May 13, 2013
1. Fresh vibrant blooms from my beautiful sister Amy.
2. A box full of AMAZING food that was left on our door step by my darling friend Eliza. We have been so very well looked after by our family, friends and neighbours - we've cooked dinner once in the past week (royal 'we' - Dave cooked) yet have eaten nutritious feats for lunch and dinner every single day.
3. Baby knits. Seriously, I can't get enough. Babies are kind of like dolls, right?
4. Smiles. Some might like to think it's gas, but i like to think it's love.
5. There's been a lot of story tine happening around here. A good way of keeping the children stationary for a few minutes.
6. The end of a shamelessly unceremonious mothers day. Soft cheeses by candle light- good enough for me... but next year i'd like at least one kid made card, please!
7. She and I.
Sorry I missed last week and didn't visit your blogs the week before- such rudeness on my part!
If you still posted your weekly stills last week- feel free to link them in here along with this weeks, i'd love to see what you've been up to.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Zeph: Confident and capable hands. Always busy, always trying something - usually conquering it.
Pippi: The big girl. Climbing tall ladders and doing whatever your brother can.
Elke: My little doll - too young and innocent to protest over clothing. I'm enjoying have complete wardrobe control, I must confess.
See you on sunday for the Stills Collection.